Find Free Articles Submit Articles

Search :

» A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help

A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help

Posted : February 17, 2017 | Comments : Views : 7


Not only do motorcycle accidents occur more often than other motor vehicle collisions, but there are also a number of reasons why they are often more severe. Motorcycles are less stable than cars and thus a lot more likely to turn onto the rider. Head injuries are a common consequence; however, while helmets do help, their use is only 37% effective in preventing motorcycle deaths, and 67% effective in preventing brain injuries. Further, the rider is not enclosed, is thus a lot more likely to be seriously injured or even killed in a motorcycle collision, and motorcycles have high performance capabilities combined with a lesser visibility. In other words, motorcyclists are a lot more vulnerable than other motor vehicle drivers, which means they are a lot more vulnerable to the mistakes other drivers make, and that is why motorcycle accident lawyers are an asset for anyone who has been involved in a motorcycle collision.

Are motorcycles more likely to get into an accident than other vehicles?

Yes and no. The fact of the matter is that motorcyclists are more likely to suffer serious consequences as a result of a collision. According to a report by the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 13.10 cars out of 100,000 were involved in fatal collisions in 2006 compared to 72.34 per 100,000 registered motorcycles. Motorcyclists are 35 times more likely to get involved in a fatal crash than a passenger car and are 16 times more likely to develop serious injuries. However, while motorcyclists seem to be at a higher risk of collision, the majority of motorcycle accidents involve a collision with another vehicle—and that other vehicle is usually a passenger vehicle. Approximately 75% of motorcycle accidents involve a collision with a passenger vehicle. The remaining 25% of motorcycle accidents are single vehicle accidents; only two-thirds of these accidents present the motorcycle rider as at-fault, and 3% are accounted for by vehicle failure, such as a flat tire that causes loss of control. In the multiple vehicle accidents, the driver of the other vehicle is at-fault two-thirds of the time. The most common accidents of these nature occur because the passenger vehicle violated the motorcyclist’s right-of-way. Because of the high risk of injury and death motorcycle drivers face, and because motorcycle accidents often occur at the fault of the passenger vehicle driver involved, it is important that a motorcycle accident lawyer gets involved as soon as possible following a collision.

Motorcycle drivers aren’t the only ones at risk in a collision

Another important reason to involve a motorcycle accident lawyer in a motorcycle collision is that the driver of the motorcycle isn’t the only one who is vulnerable. Statistics show that 61% of the female motorcyclists who died in crashes in 2015 were passengers, and their deaths represented 95% of passenger deaths.

A motorcycle accident lawyer can help

Involving a motorcycle accident lawyer in a collision that caused the serious injury or death of either a driver or passenger of the motorcycle is an important first step. A motorcycle accident lawyer can ensure the driver, passenger, or the families of either receive the compensation they deserve following an accident that either claimed a life, or impacted the lives of those involved.

Bruce Markey's Picture

Bruce Markey - About the Author :

Kabateck Brown Keller, LLP is a nationally renowned plaintiff’s law firm based in Los Angeles with a team of experienced lawyers helping victims of motorcycle accident ( Kabateck Brown Keller, LLP), personal injury, insurance fraud, truck accident, brain injury and many more. For more information, visit KbkLawyers.com/The-firm.

Share this article

| More

Add new comments

Your Name : *

Your email :

URL :

Comments Body : *

Varification Code ?: *